[sane-devel] xsane 0.999

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 17 19:18:31 UTC 2018

Use "Get Preview", and xsane places a rectangular frame around what it
thinks is the relevant portion in the preview image.  The user can drag
the sides of this frame to what he prefers.  "Scan" then captures just
the area defined by this frame.

Every subsequent scan will use this frame, until the user changes it.

Otherwise, use a separate tool to manipulate images after they have been
scanned.  I find the ImageMagick "convert" command useful if I have
multiple images I wish to crop (or otherwise edit) in the same way.