[sane-devel] RasPi support for Epson Perfection V500 Photo

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue May 1 12:28:50 BST 2018

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Kunkee writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set my Raspberry Pi 2 as a scanning workstation with my Epson
> Perfection V500 Photo. This is listed as unsupported by SANE and Epson has
> long-since deprecated Linux support for it.
>
> [... snip ...]
>
> Any hints on what I'm missing?

The fact that your Epson Perfection V500 Photo

  requires DFSG non-free iscan-plugin-gt-x770

as is documented at

  http://sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html#S-EPKOWA

This plugin is only available in binary format for i386 and amd64
architectures AFAIK.  You can get it via the "Package Download Page"
on the site you mentioned.

Sorry to disappoint you.  Please contact the vendor about support for
other architectures.  Without source code, there is nothing the SANE
project can do to help you.