[sane-devel] Submit a pull request for an updated scanner driver (Pixma)?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Thu May 10 12:38:36 BST 2018

Hi Earle,

Earle F. Philhower, III writes:

> I posted a week or so back about adding in JPEG support for the Canon
> Pixma Maxify backend. This is needed because the ADF on the Maxify
> MB2120 (and probably other Maxify like the MB5000 where the flatbed
> works but ADF doesn't w/the GIT version) can only return data in JPEG
> format, not raw bytes.
>
> I've got working code and can now scan from my ADF or flatbed without
> any issue, in color, grayscale, or lineart with it transparently going
> back and forth from JPEG to RAW.
>
> How can I go about submitting it for review or a pull request?
>
> I've set up a gitlab account, but I don't seem to be able to submit a
> PRs against the sane-devel/backends repo at all. My branch is at
> https://gitlab.com/earlephilhower/backends/tree/pixma_jpeg
> The README and other document in the backends/ repo didn't give me any
> pointers, either.  Any direction appreciated. Thanks,

Sorry about that.  I had "temporarily" disabled the Merge Request
functionality while trying to hash out some sort of policy[1].  It
faded to the back of my mind and ... well, you just nudged my mind ;-)

 [1]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/ops/issues/5

The notes on [1] and in particular the quote[2] from the website are
good general advice in the mean-time so I've re-enabled Merge Requests
again.  You should be able to submit an MR for your changes.  When you
do, add the backend/pixma label (and assign @ro-ben and/or @llagendijk
as they are most familiar with that backend).

 [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/ops/issues/5#note_63728170

Hope this helps,