[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner finds Canon Canoscan N24OU, scanimage -L does not

Gerhard Jäger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Tue Oct 30 09:33:58 GMT 2018

Hi Terry,

Are you talking about CanoScan N1240U? I'm pretty sure that the Plustek
Backend does not support any N24OU device...

Am 29.10.18 um 05:27 schrieb Terry Spearman:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> Yes, I tried running scanimage -L when logged on as root with the same
> result i.e. "No scanners were identified...."

Anyhow. Please try sane-find-scanner as root user.

> Since my original post I made an observation which may or may not be
> relevant. From the Centos 7.0 man page for plustek,
> https://www.unix.com/man-page/centos/5/sane-plustek/

[...]
> On my system I'm seeing /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf but /usr/lib64/sane is
> empty.  I've seen something somewhere that says if sane-find-scanner
> finds the scanner but scanimage -L does not it means that you don't have
> the right backend for the scanner installed.  Could a missing library
> file be the culprit?

We're going to sort that out later...
Centos 7 and sane-1.0.24 are pretty old. Any chance to move to a more
recent version?

What is the content of /etc/sane.d/dll.conf?
What's the output of the following command?
grep -v ^# /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

What's the result of:
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20 ; scanimage -L

Regards,
  Gerhard