[sane-devel] Problem with Epson Scanner

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Sep 2 21:06:40 BST 2018

неділя, 2 вересня 2018 р. 22:51:22 EEST Gaspar написано:
> I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 and my Epson scanner Perfection V600
> Photo does not work.  After reading  some emails in this list I was able
> to awake it but not completely.
>
> If I use the command
>
> sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX scanimage >
> scan1 2> log_sudo
>
> I get the scan1 correct and a big log_sudo.
>
> If I use the command
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX scanimage > scan2 2>
> log_user
>
> I get scan2 an empty file and a file log_user. I did not attach this
> file because it is too large and unfortunately I do not know what is
> relevant.
>
> The group scanner is one of my groups and my .profile concerning PATH reads
>
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux:/usr/lib/sane
> export MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/doc/man
> export INFOPATH=$INFOPATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/doc/INFO
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane
>
> After weeks trying to put scanner to work I hope you anyone can help.
> Thanks in advance.
> Gaspar

Hi,

Can you try the drivers from Epson?

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/searchModule

Just enter "V600" and choose "Linux", then download the DEB package and
install iscan from the archive.

Thanks in advance for trying this way (it works here for Epson Perfection V300
Photo for Mageia 6 (2017)).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri