[sane-devel] Problem with Epson Scanner

Gaspar jose.gaspar.ruas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:51:22 BST 2018

I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 and my Epson scanner Perfection V600
Photo does not work.  After reading  some emails in this list I was able
to awake it but not completely.

If I use the command

sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX scanimage >
scan1 2> log_sudo

I get the scan1 correct and a big log_sudo.

If I use the command

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX scanimage > scan2 2>
log_user

I get scan2 an empty file and a file log_user. I did not attach this
file because it is too large and unfortunately I do not know what is
relevant.

The group scanner is one of my groups and my .profile concerning PATH reads

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux:/usr/lib/sane
export MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/doc/man
export INFOPATH=$INFOPATH:/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/doc/INFO
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/sane

After weeks trying to put scanner to work I hope you anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.
Gaspar