[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V37/v200 support SANE.

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 17 03:00:02 BST 2018

Hi,

m. allan noah writes:

> I think the authors of the code you are patching are not on this
> mailing list, as they are not members of the sane project.

# Since I wrote that code, FIXME included, the author actually *is* on
# this list ;-) but I am no longer involved in any work on the "official
# driver".

The code Camil has patched is part of the epkowa backend, a third party
backend not included with our SANE backends.

You may try sending a patch to the maintainer of the iscan package.
My personal experience with that is that you will not get any reply but
occasionally I have found my suggestions/patches back in later releases
of their packages.

BTW, the maintainer mail address can be found in

  http://support.epson.net/linux/src/scanner/iscan/iscan_2.30.3-1.dsc

> allan
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 1:41 PM Robert A. Schmied <uwppp at flash.net> wrote:
>>
>> aloha camil
>>
>> hopefully posting to the sane development list will suffice,
>> but there might also be a sane bugs url as well.  if so, it
>> should be listed http://www.sane-project.org/ under reporting bugs.
>>
>> that is about the best we users can really do; bring issues
>> to the attention of the active development team and hope they
>> take action ...
>>
>> regards
>>
>> ras
>>

>> Camil Băncioiu wrote:
>> > Does anyone know to whom should I send the modified function which enables
>> > 16-bit scanning in Linux? It would be great if the official Epson driver
>> > will integrate it.
>> >
>> > On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:35 PM Camil Băncioiu <ioan.camil.bancioiu at gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > [...]