[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V37/v200 support SANE.

Camil Băncioiu ioan.camil.bancioiu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:38:05 BST 2018

Hi Olaf,

I sent my code to linux-scanner at epson dot jp, which appears in the .dsc
file you linked. I had previously sent it to the Slackware maintainer of
the iscan package, as Slackware seems to have build their own package
directly from source. By comparison, Arch only has a package which
downloads iscan from the Epson website and installs it (no binaries
delivered).

I hope either Epson or Slackware apply this change on their source code,
because 16-bit scanning is absolutely required when scanning analog
photographic film and it sucks to boot into Windows or start a VM when it
should work with the native Linux driver.

Best regards,
Camil