[sane-devel] [SOLVED] Unable to scan with SAMSUNG SCX 4300 under Kubuntu 17.10, 18.04 and 18.10 (Dev) but printing function OK

Xavier (Perso) xavier.besnard at neuf.fr
Mon Sep 17 12:19:38 BST 2018

Dear all.

I got few feedback from the SANE list about my issue (refer to my mail
below).

But I informed the list that I  found a solution, a bit unexpected. I
used the wiki of http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/index.html.

I installed the suld-scanner-usblp-fix package, without  much conviction.

And miracle, scanning works again with my Samsung SCX 4300 as correctly
as with 17.04 but under 18.04 and 18.10 dev.

As my understanding of SANE software is little, I have no explanation
why this fixed the issue. Great for me.

I hope that my feedback will help others users facing a similar issue
and also developers to fix the issue in a future software release.

Thanks. Xavier

--
Xavier Besnard Chez Mme Espesset Paulette Place de la halle 82330 Varen
Tél: 06 49 37 44 17 Courriel: xavier.besnard at neuf.fr