[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide120 support?

Izak van Langevelde eezacque at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 20 18:16:51 BST 2018

My new Canoscan Lide120 scanner works erratic, at best, and I wonder
whether it is the hardware or the software that bugs me.
Running Ubuntu 18.04.1

When using the xsane scanning frontend:
- I cannot repeatedly scan without restarting the software after each scan
- I often get a useless blank preview window, without button to acquire
preview, which is only solved by removing the preferences file
- I get lots of device IO errors
- I get lots of scans which are either solid black, or partly black, or
striped like a barcode
As a result, it sometimes takes me as long as 10 minutes to get one
decent scan.

At the moment, I can no longer get a single scan, as the output is
always pitch black, whether I use the xscan frontend, simple-scanner or
scanimage, so my scanner is completely useless.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out, or do I better return this
scanner to seller?

Thanks,
Izak

--