[sane-devel] Manage translations with Transifex [request]

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Sep 17 18:19:57 BST 2018

понеділок, 17 вересня 2018 р. 19:32:05 EEST Jeff написано:
> On 17/09/18 03:33, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> > To the best of my knowledge, Rosetta (and Launchpad for that matter) is
> > not Open Source either :-(
>
> According to this, launchpad has been open source since 2009:
>
> http://blog.launchpad.net/general/launchpad-is-now-open-source
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

Hi,

For the record, there are many other problems with Rosetta:

1. The project should be converted to bzr and synced with git repo.

2. There is no translation memory.

3. The development of Rosetta is stale for more than 10 years.

4. You have to wait several minutes to download translation and several hours
to upload it.

It is definitely not the best solution available. So why choose it?

Best regards,
Yuri