[sane-devel] Canon imageClass MF733

klequis klequis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 20:53:49 BST 2018

Hi Rolf,

Here is the latest.

USB

Flatbed
----------
- Was not working.
- Installed latest updates which included some sane libs > could not scan
- Rebooted machine > could not scan
- Rebooted making sure the machine was awake while booting > could not scan
Then
- Unplugged the usb cable from computer and plugged back in
> Flatbed one page worked

Feeder
---------
> Put one page in feeder and it scanned one side only. It was doing both
sides by default before. When the first side finished scanning and appeared
on my screen, Simple Scan put up an error message "Failed to scan", "Error
communicating with scanner".
> Put two pages in feeder and got first side of both documents and then the
same error again.

 Ethernet
"Failed to scan", "No scanners available. Please connect a scanner."

output of: $ sudo sane-find-scanner -v -v
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--T0MMXW8gMklJZBBukHMn7Wqf0Zi9Ip

Cheers,
Carl