[sane-devel] macOS device not configured sane-backends HP ScanJet 4570c

Tony Kinyua tony at kysh.me.ke
Thu Apr 4 09:19:30 BST 2019

> I will try and see if I can use sane when directly connected and let you know

The scanner is detected by sane-find-scanner but only if I go to System Preferences — Printers & Scanners and click on Open HP 5590. This seems to enable sane-find-scanner to detect the scanner.

on the other hand scanimage finds the scanner also but throws an error

libusb: error [darwin_claim_interface] USBInterfaceOpen: another process has device opened for exclusive access

So in my case sane and its backends can’t find the scanner unless Mac OS has opened it but conversely sane can’t utilise it as its locked.

Regards
Tony