[sane-devel] Canon ImageClass MF269dw

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 17:07:51 BST 2019

Hi,It is an imageClass printer by the looks of it.The USB code does not seem to be listed in the source so probably not a supported printer.The relevant code is in the SANE backends here:
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/blob/master/backend/pixma_imageclass.c

See the list of #defines at the top.If you're feeling adventurous, you could add the printer to the source and see if it works.It looks very similar to the MF244 so you could use that as a template.

At the top, add:
#define MF269_PID  0x27f4

and towards the bottom, add:DEV ("Canon i-SENSYS MF269 Series", "MF269", MF269_PID, 600, 300, 634, 1050, PIXMA_CAP_ADF),               /* max. w = 215mm, */

...and build it and test it. Better to start with USB rather than network.

Failing that, perhaps Rolf could add it tentatively for his PPA.He is usually pretty responsive.
Cheers,Ralph