[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.5.2 released
jffry at posteo.net
Mon Apr 22 13:55:51 BST 2019
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.5.2:
* Allow translations for message types in multiple message window
* Improve progress message whilst analysing pages
* Don't reapply scan options after reload if setting returned
* Decode UTF-8 in font names for PDFs in save dialog
* Wait for processes to finish to prevent zombies.
Closes Debian bug #926634
(Delays opening dialogs, possibly related to defunct fc-list process)
* Fix warning message about pdftk (again).
Closes bug #320 (Error message on startup: pdftk can't use /tmp)
* Rename dpi->ppi (again) and us->μs
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
* Update to Czech translation (thanks to Pavel Borecki)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel