[sane-devel] autoconf needs git clone

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sun Aug 4 11:09:58 BST 2019

Hi Olaf,

Debian and Ubuntu use autoconf for building their repositories. Since
git commit bf00b9f49 they need a full git clone for running through
'configure.ac'.

For my PPA I created a patch to revert this commit.

On the other hand, after a git gull I always need to call './autogen.sh
&& ./configure' to see the updated git version in my manually builds, e.g.
$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.28-3-g90684c53; backend version 1.0.28

This is annoying any I think you had another idea behind your commit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf