[sane-devel] Canon MG3050

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Tue Aug 6 23:24:44 BST 2019

Hi Kamp,
Do you have a firewall in the way maybe? Please see man sane-pixma for
what ports need to be opened. Please pay attention to the differences
mentioned there for TCP and UDP.
And what network are you connected to? I recall seeing a Vodafone (?)
modem that messed with IP-adresses
Did you modify the logfile: bjnp://192.168.***.**:8612/timeout=10000)
looks as if you are trying the IP-address? What is in the
/etc/sane/pixma.comf (if the firewall is configured correctly there
should not be a need to manually configure the scanner there unless it
is on a different subnet...(well maybe to extend the timeouts)

Please get me a logfile with:
$ SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=11 scanimage 2> bjnp.log > pixma.pnm
Please also make a wireshark trace at the same time and mail me that
also (sorry, no IP-address obfuscation)

kind regards, Louis