[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V500 Photo - Problems scanning slides - Does anyone know how to contact Epson developers?

Maik Wagner linuxandlanguages at t-online.de
Fri Aug 9 06:32:16 BST 2019

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with the device above: iscan does warm up the
scanner and it also possible to get a preview scan for flatbed.

However this device also has a translucent unit for slides and negatives
but I can't get this to work.

I am more than happy to supply more information but don't get any
console output with xsane. For preview scans (flatbed) a window with
"Couldn't start scanner - invalid argument" pops up an there is no
console output.

Is there any way to get debug output for you developers from console or
do you know of a way how to contact Epson developers so I can report this?

Epsons original iscan doesn't work with slides settings. This is why I
posted the question for recompiling iscan a few days earlier.

Have a good day,

Maik
www.linuxandlanguages.com