[sane-devel] Building backends from git

Bruce Schultz brulzki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 20:09:45 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm hitting this error while running ./configure in a fresh clone of the
backends git repo

checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
checking for sane-config... /usr/bin/sane-config
./configure: line 19307: syntax error near unexpected token `noext,'
./configure: line 19307: `AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11(noext, optional)'

I found a couple of suggestions on the intwebs to add the following line
to the top level Makefile.am
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4

but I found that is already in there, so I'm at a loss what to do next.
Any suggestions?

This is on gentoo with
gcc 8.3.0
autoconf 2.69