[sane-devel] [janitorial] New backend: escl

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 13:38:33 GMT 2019

On 15/12/2019 05:10, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I thought you might like to know that I've merged the escl backend
> yesterday.  This backend was written by Touboul Nathane and Thierry
> Huchard at Ordissimo.  It is licensed under the terms of the GPL,
> either version 3 or, at your option, any later version.
>
> The backend should support many of the large range of devices that
> support Apple's AirPrint protocol.  For a long list of potentially
> supported devices see
>
>    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311
>
> The backend's description file does not list any specific devices yet
> but the merge request listed a few devices that are known to work for
> some definition of work ;-)
>
> Please note that the escl backend only supports these devices over a
> network connection, not via USB or similar connections.
>
> The backend currently only supports image data transfer in JPEG format
> but Thierry indicated he wanted to add support for PNG and PDF as well.
>
> For the gory details see merge request 242.
>
>    https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/merge_requests/242
>
> On a related note, there is another merge request for a canon_lide70
> backend.  I'll be getting to that shortly, relatively speaking :-)
>
> Hope this helps,

I have the HP DeskJet 2540 MF device here. Its DNS-SD record is:

Found service 'Deskjet 2540 series [E7DDC7]' of type '_uscan._tcp' in domain
'local' on 3.1.
Service data for service 'Deskjet 2540 series [E7DDC7]' of type '_uscan._tcp' in
domain 'local' on 3.0:
	Host HP5CB901E7DDC7.local (192.168.223.1), port 8080, TXT data: ['duplex=F',
'is=platen', 'cs=binary,color,grayscale', 'rs=/eSCL', 'representation=',
'UUID=1c852a4d-b800-1f08-abcd-5cb901e7ddc7', 'note=',
'adminurl=http://HP5CB901E7DDC7.local.', 'ty=HP Deskjet 2540 series',
'pdl=application/octet-stream,application/pdf,image/jpeg', 'vers=2.0', 'txtvers=1']