[sane-devel] [janitorial] Upcoming release: 1.0.29

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 17 09:11:10 GMT 2019

Hi Ralph,

Ralph Little writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2019-12-15 4:08 a.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Our source tarballs are built using a minimal Debian 10 Docker image
>> already.  In the compiler warning department[4] things don't look as
>> good.
>
> I'm stretched a bit thin on the SANE front and I don't want to
> over-commit, but I will try to tackle at least some of the warnings.

Thanks, I already saw the merge request you created.  Let's create
separate issues and MRs for each category/backend combination for which
there are still warnings so fixes can hit master sooner.

>> Despite of a somewhat visible lack of progress to the above goals I set
>> (for myself?), I suggest targetting 2020-01-20 as the release date for
>> 1.0.29.  How does that sound?
>>
> I think it is probably doable but it might be a bit tight if we want to
> get through all that work for the release, what with the intervening
> holiday period.

Holiday period? -> plenty of free time, no? ;-)

> With exam season pretty much out of the way for our student
> contributors, maybe we will see a splurge of activity :D
> I know it's been a bit of a busy time for many over the last few weeks.

Seriously though, what's ready for release goes to master, the rest can
stay on a branch until after the release.  Or, we can create a separate
release branch sometime early January if that is more convenient.

# WRT to the SANE Standard conversion, that can progress independently.
# Only after that's all been taken care of do I think we can rip it out
# of the sane-backends package.  For 1.0.29, we will release with the
# SANE Standard included (as we've done for ages).

Hope this helps,