[sane-devel] Canon ImageClass D570

Brandon Irizarry brandon.irizarry at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 12:08:30 GMT 2019

(Apologies to Olaf - I mistakenly sent a personal reply, and not a forum
post!)

After struggling with this a bit, I came across this:

https://github.com/kno10/python-scan-eSCL
Thankfully (as Thierry pointed out), the Canon D750 quite providentially
reiles on Apple's AirPrint.  Also, running something like 'avahi-browse
--all' will indeed discover the scanner.

When I run 'python scan.py "file.jpg" 500', the scanner is indeed detected,
and everything looks like it's about to work - but I get this error:

urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>

Also, when I try to work around this by issuing

export PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0

and run the script again, I get

503

Connection: close

Service Unavailable

Also, I tried installing 1.0.28, but I have no clue how to proceed from
there so as to detect and use the scanner. I'm kinda learning all this
little by little :)

Any pointers along either path will be appreciated. Thank you. Regards,

- Brandon