[sane-devel] nf_conntrack_sane

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 9 01:12:36 GMT 2019

Hi Terry,

Terry Spearman writes:

> How do I install and use the netfilter nf_conntrack_sane connection tracking
> module in Centos 7?  I've used yum to install conntrack-tools, and also
> keepalive, which the conntrack documentation says is required for the
> conntrack daemon, but I have not been able to find anything in it related to
> sane.

Never noticed that the saned manual page mentioned this, nor had I heard
of that netfilter module before :-?

That said, based on info from the iptables-extra manual page on my
machine, I *think* you would use something like

  --match helper --helper sane

to your iptables invocation to track on the default port.  For custom
ports, that would become

  --match helper --helper sane-####

where #### is the port number.

Don't know how that translates to conntrack-tools, though.

Hope this helps,