[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 400 supported by SANE ?

Thomas thomas.chust at orange.fr
Sun Feb 10 11:33:56 GMT 2019

Hi

I am just a fedora user and wondering if SANE project is supporting the
CanoScan LiDE 400 device. After fruitless attempts to see the scan
device via xsane or simple-scan and looking to
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html it seems still not.
So i had to install the linux scangearmp2 software via the rpm file
furnished by Canon. As you may know, this software is very basic and
moreover limits the full possible parameter range of the device (for
instance the resolution is only 300 dpi).

Maybe i am wrong and there is perhaps already a possibility of driving
the CanoScan LiDE 400 with simple-scan. If so I will greatly appreciate
to know how. If still not, it would be great if the SANE project may in
the next future support this device ...

For information some outputs on my terminal session:

~]$ uname -r
4.20.6-200.fc29.x86_64

l~]$ lsusb | grep Canon
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 04a9:1912 Canon, Inc.

~]$ sudo sane-find-scanner | grep Canon
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1912 [LiDE 400]) at
libusb:002:006

Best regards,
Thomas