[sane-devel] Question on Parallel port devices

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Jan 14 11:02:48 GMT 2019

Hello,

On Jan 12 20:40 Mauricio Hunt wrote (excerpt):
> I bought a new PC and got rid of the old one,
> the new one doesn't has a parallel port
> so I got a PCI card with the parallel port.
>
> I use Open Suse and it recognizes the parallel port
> dmesg | grep parport0
> [    7.130079] parport0: PC-style at 0xd020, irq 26 [PCSPP]

Ages ago [in IT development time measurement units]
I had set up an additional parallel port and I had documented that in
our old "S.u.S.E" or "SuSE" support database that I can no longer find
on our current openSUSE web site [nobody needs old suff, just get lost]
but fortunately the Internet never really forgets so that
I still found that old/outdated support database article at

http://www.trcompu.com/Computers/MySystems/jsmeix_print-device-parallel.html

On nowadays systems there is no longer
/etc/conf.modules or /etc/modules.conf
but on nowadays systems it seems still
the same content is in

/etc/modprobe.d/00-system.conf

so that you may perhaps have set something therein
to make the parallel port on your PCI card work?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)