[sane-devel] Where can I find reference info

Eric Ashley eashleyfl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 20:33:54 GMT 2019

Hi all,
I have a Visioneer 9520 Photo Scanner which is in the One Touch line. It has a GL843 chip so I'll obviously need to add it to the genesys driver. The scanner is a flatbed that's a bit wider than US Letter and about 0.7" longer. It's Windoze drivers support document scan up to 2400 and film/transparency to 4800x9600. It is 48-bit color, 16-bit grayscale and b/w. The specs say it scan dimensions are 8.5 x 11.69 inches (21.6 x 29.7 cm) though it seems like it's a touch wider than that.

I'll work out the final detail if someone has a reference site or device that can help me with the parameters that are likely to work to get started. I initially made the avision driver recognize it to get the chip info since so many of the Visioneer products are avision based chips, but that of course turned out wrong.
Output of sane-find-scanner -v -v is attached.
Any suggestions for a similar genesys (or compat) scanner for me to start with?
Best regards,Eric