[sane-devel] [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Fri Jul 12 19:12:34 BST 2019

Hi Olaf,

Am 10.07.19 um 13:37 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:

> Thanks for bringing this up.  I agree with considering this for the next
> one.  I'd really like to move to semantic versioning.  That way we can
> make a 1.1 branch at "feature freeze" and only add bug fixes there.
> Preferably via cherry-picking from master but other flows are possible.
>
> New features can go to master any time they're ready.

I'd like to see something like a simplified git-flow:

master - for releases
develop - all ongoing development (source for git snapshot)
release branches - created on develop @ feature freeze
      - may contain tags like "1.28.0-code_freeze"
      - merge to develop if necessary
      - merge to master if ready

All merges should be done with the option --no-ff .

Cheers,
Rolf