[sane-devel] Code freeze and release preparations for 1.0.28 (was Re: [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Fri Jul 26 05:57:32 BST 2019

Hi all,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> [...]

> We now have a week to update translations as well.  [...]  Here are
> some stats, sorted by percentage of the strings that are translated.

>   Translated   Fuzzy  Untranslated
>    98.24%      0.75%      1.00%: nl.po

     99.67%      0.00%      0.33%: nl.po

> I will fix up nl.po myself but the rest is for interested parties (I may
> take a look at ja.po and en_GB.po, though).  If you intend to work on
> any of these files, please let the list know so we can coordinate
> things.

I just realized how much I don't know computer related terminology in my
own mother tongue ...   Worse, I found myself coming up with alternative
ways to say the same thing in English rather than Dutch translations :-/

I got into computers and left my country of birth before I18N really hit
the scene.  I've been calling Japan home for a quarter+ century now :-?

Guess we need someone else to look after po/nl.po ...

@Ilia> Can you explain what those ADF trailing lines are about for the
       hp5590 backend?  I have no idea and that makes it very difficult
       to translate the messages on lines 133-139.

Hope this helps,