[sane-devel] Noteworthy changes in genesys backend (was Re: Code freeze and release preparations for 1.0.28)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Mon Jul 29 14:05:18 BST 2019

Hi Povilas,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi again all,
>
> Still following the release schedule on our [1.0.28 milestone][1], our
> master branch is now (2019-07-24 12:00UTC) in code freeze.  Please do
> *not* push/merge to master unless it fixes
>
>  - hardware destroying bugs (no reports at present),
>  - compile failures (our CI is clean so we're looking good),
>  - completely unusable backends, or
>  - documentation

On the documentation front

I've been going through the commit messages and diff since 1.0.27,
collecting the noteworthy changes for our NEWS file.  However, the
changes to the genesys backend are so extensive I'm a bit at a loss
there.

Can you provide a list of the changes relevant to a user of the compiled
backend as well as to maintainer of binary packages?  I've got the C++
bit covered already ;-)  Just a simple mail message will do.

Thanks in advance,