[sane-devel] Code freeze and release preparations for 1.0.28 (was Re: [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28)

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 30 12:39:13 BST 2019

Hi Rolf,

Rolf Bensch writes:

> Hi all again,
>
> Today I merged my German translations into master branch. Everybody
> still is invited to review my translation until July 31. Also after the
> new release will be out, of course.

Thanks.

> Please consider that new localization files may break existing scanimage
> scripts.

For scripting, do yourself a favour and set LANG=C (and unset LANGUAGE)
at the beginning.  If you (or other people using your scripts!) have any
odd-ball LC_* variables set, use LC_ALL=C.

Lots more portable, lots less chance of breakage.
# Only when we change strings in code, which we don't in 1.0.28.  We
# only add a few.

Hope this helps.