[sane-devel] Sane web GUI issue

Mark DM markosjal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 18:52:28 BST 2019

I am converting an existing web GUI to include SANE compatibility . I am
working on getting things like scanner info , etc .

When the web GUI executes a

shell_exec(scanimage -T -d scannername)

from PHP , I get nothing on the web GUI . I can echo the command and paste
into terminal and it works. I can also use

shell_exec(scanimage -L)
and
shell_exec(scanimage -V)

successfully, as well as initiate a scan

I am using the test backend and maybe this has something to do with it?

I have added www-data (debian web user) to the groups saned, scanner and
adm and still no luck with the one command from web server

Thanks

Mark