[sane-devel] Build git master

Povilas Kanapickas povilas at radix.lt
Wed Jun 12 17:33:11 BST 2019

Hi Jeroen,

On 2019-06-12 18:32, Jeroen Van den Keybus wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm unable to build the git master version. Backend genesys requires C++11 ?
>
> *** genesys backend requires C++11 support - disabling
>
> I don't know how to enable this. I'm using gcc 9.1.1 20190520. Can
> someone explain how to build the project ?

Indeed the genesys backend now is compiled using a C++ compiler and uses
C++11 standard. Could it be that you don't have g++ installed?

If that's not the case, you could search for "checking whether g++
supports C++11 features by default" string in the config.log file? An
error message detailing what's wrong should be nearby below.

Regards,
Povilas