[sane-devel] Printer/Scanner recommendations

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Sat Mar 16 01:44:05 GMT 2019

In under four years my HP all-in-one printer/scanner died, so I'm
looking for a replacement, one which is more reliable and will last
longer. According to Consumer Reports, that probably means going with a
B/W laser printer & scanner combo. But I also need good Linux support,
i.e., the scanner must handle color and also should have Linux support
for DADF (Duplex=both sides of the page; ADF=automatic document
feeder=put a stack of 20 or more pages on it and the scanner processes
them all automatically). Also scanner glass for single-page scanning.
Scanning software should be able to specify page sizes from 4x6 inches
to legal size, 8x14 inches. I don't need fax anymore. Anyone know of a
good quality machine with all that Linux support?