[sane-devel] New Multifunction Canon MF634Cdw

Steve McNeil mack at prototypeiteration.com
Wed Mar 20 23:07:32 GMT 2019

Hello,

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF634Cdw.  It is very similar to the MF733Cdw.

Starting with the source for backend version 1.0.27, I got it working by
making the following changes and recompiling:

In backends/doc/descriptions/pixma.desc -- Copy the MF733Cdw entry and
changing the new entry to:

:model "imageCLASS MF634C"
:interface "USB Ethernet WiFi"
:usbid "0x04a9" "0x27e2"
:status :complete
:comment "Flatbed and ADF scan. All resolutions supported (up to 600DPI)."

In backends/backend/pixma_imageclass.c

I added the USB PID

#define MF634_PID  0x27e2

And I added to the array pixma_iclass_devices[]:

   DEV ("Canon imageCLASS MF634C", "MF632C/634C", MF634_PID, 600, 0, 637, 1050, PIXMA_CAP_ADFDUP),

I have scanned one page and I am happy with the results.  If I can help
with more testing, I would like a prescribed set of tests to follow.

Thank you,
Steve