[sane-devel] Canon Pixma TS6260 / Ubuntu 18.04

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Thu Nov 7 21:33:00 GMT 2019

On Fri, 2019-11-08 at 10:12 +1300, John Tait via sane-devel wrote:
> Thank you Rolf, I think I did see that but it didn't register with me
> at the time.  This is a new printer replacing one that had a wired
> connection and I haven't made the mental jump that I am now using a
> wifi connection.
>

> John

The same problem will occur if you would connect to the scanner over
ethernet: canon is removing the bjnp/mfnp protocols from recent scanner
models, See the man-page for sane-pixma in GIT, updated yesterday for a
description of a method of finding out if you device supports one of
these protocols.

Basically start avahi-discover and look at the content of the
_scanner._tcp entry for the device. If this does not mention port 8610
(mfnp) or 8612 it is likely that the scanner does not one of these
protocols

Louis