[sane-devel] Canon ImageClass MF644Cdw

Kip Shaffer kip at shafferhouse.org
Sat Sep 14 02:40:10 BST 2019

Scanning Results!  I updated to today's version: 1.0.28+git20190913-bionic0

Using Simple Scan I was able to scan at 75, 150, 300, 600, 1200, and 2400
dpi in both Text and Photo modes.  Perfect!

When scanning from the document feeder, it scans front and back, one sheet
or many, but after the job is done there is a pause, and then it says
"Error communicating with scanner".

Also, this has all been through USB.  I tried to connect with the network
and scanimage -L cannot find it.  I added the address to pixma.conf
(neither line helped):
bjnp://MF640_192.168.1.97
bjnp://192.168.1.97

TL:DR - the sane-pixma backend is functional for the Canon ImageClass
MF644Cdw when connected via USB, with only a slight hiccup after scanning
from the sheet feeder.  I was not able to scan over the network.