[sane-devel] Canon ImageClass MF644Cdw

David McMahon thedjm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 13:55:01 BST 2019

Hi Kip & sane-devel,

Pardon the duplicate thread (
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2019-September/037043.html),
but I'm hoping you got further than I did.

I too am trying to get this scanner working over WiFi on Linux Mint 19
(Tara).

I've got the latest sane packages from ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git and
pixma.conf contains:
bjnp://192.168.86.39

$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.28git; backend version 1.0.28
$ scanimage -L
[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] bjnp_init_device_structure: Cannot read mac address, skipping this
scanner
[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] add_scanner: ERROR - Cannot read scanner make & model: bjnp://
192.168.86.39:8612/timeout=10000

Kip, it looks like you got further at one point in the original thread with
scanimage actually returning something.
Can I ask what your net.conf and pixma.conf files look like?
I guess after that you still couldn't get any WiFi scanning from the device
though?

sane-devel/Rolf, is there an open request/bug for this Canon
printer/scanner?  Can I do anything from my end to help?

Thanks,
David