[sane-devel] Epson WF-2850

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Thu Apr 2 14:13:31 BST 2020

On 4/2/20 3:36 PM, Goran Vukoman wrote:
> $ ~/go/bin/airscan-discover
> [devices]
>    "EPSON WF-2850 Series" = http://192.168.178.47:80/WDP/SCAN, wsd
>    "EPSON WF-2850 Series" = http://192.168.178.47:443/eSCL
>
> This works well, I will need to update my Linux-installation to get
> Sane 1.0.29.

You have eSCL, this is very good.

You may use "old" (without WSD) sane-airscan, and binary packages are
available from here:

https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan

It seems to me, that your scanner erroneously announces itself as
"http", but actually does "https". If automatic discovery doesn't work,
add the following line to /etc/sane.d/airscan.conf:

[devices]
"EPSON WF-2850 Series" = https://192.168.178.47:443/eSCL

Please let me know, if my suspicions turn out to be true. And at this
case, please send output of the following two commands, so I will be
able to think on workaround. The commands are:

avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp
avahi-browse -rt _uscans._tcp

(note the difference "_uscan" vs "_uscans").

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)