[sane-devel] Problem with Sane over network

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sun Apr 12 17:29:14 BST 2020

Am 12.04.2020 um 15:08 schrieb Kelly Price:
> This may not be a SANE problem but a networking problem.

Unfortunately not...

> You have 192.168.10.0/24 for your PCs and 192.168.5.0/24 for the Pi.
> I assume you have something a bit better than a commercial-grade home
> router/firewall -- IE an actual firewall (Cisco/Juniper).

I have a little Firewall built with a BananaPI and some iptables-scripts
from mine.
>From 192.168.10.0/24 to 192.168.5.0/24 is all permitted. All answers are
permitted, too.

> The simple solution is to put the Pi on the same address space as your

I tried it. Same behaviour...
I see in syslog of the Raspi the "access granted" and with tcpdump the
broadcast packets, but my PC does NOT see the scanner on the Raspi...

> PC.  The harder solution is to fix your firewall's routing and
> permissions to let the .10.x network talk fully with the .5.x
> network... but that will get into why you (or your company) have it
> set up like that.

I really can't believe, that SANE need to have the devices all in the
same net...
With pixma (if I read the documentation) it should be possible, but I
don't have a pixma...

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot
Luca Bertoncello