[sane-devel] Help configuring Sane for Mojave

Lizzy Lizzyfiesta at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:52:35 BST 2020

Hi all,
I'm not an experienced user.  I installed Sane in 2015 when I was using El Capitan and I could easily use scanimage from the terminal which was good enough for me.  I've just upgraded to Mojave 5 years later and sane-find-scanner finds nothing and scanimage -L finds nothing, even as root.  I can't remember how I set it up back in 2015 and I can't find any help online.  Can anyone here help me please?
I checked it was all working in El Capitan right before upgrading and I've just checked it with a Pi 4 and it worked immediately - about 2 minutes from starting to download Sane to scanning an image, no problem at all.  So nothing needs to be configured in Raspbian.  I'm not sure what needs to be done in Mojave, if anything.
Kind regards,
Lizzy.