[sane-devel] your-firmwarefile.bin

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Aug 8 06:08:44 BST 2020

Hi again Oliver,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> Oliver Schwartz writes:

>> This one (Perfection 2480 / 2580) definitely is supported by the snapscan backend.

>>> You should also be able to find it in the RPMs that you can download via
>>>
>>>  http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX
>>>
>>> The firmware file does not depend on the gcc version or CPU type.  You
>>> are looking for a file matching esfwXX.bin, IIRC, where the XX is a two
>>> digit hexadecimal value.
>>
>> According to my notes, the firmware file for this scanner is named esfw41.bin.
>
> Would you mind adding your notes on firmware file names to the
> snapscan.desc file so that everyone can see them?  They can go in the
> :comment.
>
> If you can do so before 2020-08-22, please push your changes on the
> release/1.0.31 branch.

Doh!  I just stumbled upon #293 again which I had decided to take care
of for our upcoming 1.0.31 release (and promptly forgotten about until
looked at the milestone five minutes ago :-o).

 https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/293

I'll assign that to you in addition to myself.

Hope this helps,