[sane-devel] SANE Backends 1.0.31 released / Goodbye

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:38:37 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-08-26 4:46 a.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> Rolf Bensch writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Congratulations to all who contributed his/her ideas, code and at least
>> time for the new SANE release.
>>
>> After having some time with reflecting my after-work activities, I
>> decided to say Goodbye to the SANE project, especially as maintainer for
>> the pixma backend.

OMG what? :(

> I'm very, very sad to see you say goodbye.  Thanks for all the time and
> effort you've put into the pixma backend.  Based on the frequency with
> which it popped up here on the mailing list as well as in GitLab issues
> your leaving the SANE Project will have quite a bit of an impact :-(

Hear, hear.
You have always been responsive, courteous and helpful to me and that
gave me an excellent introduction to the world of SANE.

>> If somebody hears the calling to become a maintainer for the pixma
>> backend, he/she is welcome to contact me off-list for discussing any
>> questions about structure and functionality.

If I had the time I might be up for that and in the future, perhaps that
might come to pass, but I think for the moment I will just interject
every now and then and do what I can.
That includes finishing up the work that I am doing now.

What will happen to your PPAs? Are you planning to hand that over to
someone else?
I know they are a big deal for many people, including myself.

Regards,
Ralph