[sane-devel] SANE Feedback on Canon CanoScan LIDE 70

Travis Sherwood cd9asherwood at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 23:58:40 GMT 2020

Hello,

I just found out about the SANE 1.31 update and gave it a try to enable the Canoscan LIDE 70 scanner sitting on my shelf. Please forgive the lack of technical knowledge/terminology, but seeing the device finally work in Ubuntu is quite pleasing.

For reference, I am running Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (32-bit Bionic) and the frontend is Simple-Scan 3.28.0, included with the OS. No adjustments were made to any settings

I would like to mention that the color appears to be rather washed out. A black and white scan produced a medium grey result, while colors are significantly lighter/whiter than the original. For comparison, my other scanner (Epson Stylus CX6000 all-in-one) has no issue capturing accurate color.

Would it be possible to send an example of the same image acquired on both devices for comparison to facilitate adjustments in the driver/backend/etc ?

thank you,
Travis Sherwood