[sane-devel] SANE Feedback on Canon CanoScan LIDE 70

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:45:10 GMT 2020

You may have automatic color-correct turned on.  This doesn't help a
lot as you may think.

Try this:
1.  Install xsane (sudo apt-get install xsane)
2.  Open up xsane (I do it through Gimp and tell it to go to the chooser)
3.  Below the Gamma/Brightness/Contrast sliders, you'll have six
buttons:  Detailed color adjust, negate, auto-adjust, no-adjust, pull
from stored, and save to stored.  Hit the no-adjust ( Looks like:  ->
| <- )
4.  Scan in your sample works.

Do this on both scanners and compare them.  You may find some scanners
do this better than others... but if you disable that stuff and use
Gimp to adjust the colors, you get better results.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://redwolf.ws