[sane-devel] Paul Newall - Kodak ESP 5 AiO

Don Sutter drs at hevanet.com
Mon Dec 7 21:23:42 GMT 2020

Thank you Paul - It's nice to see you're still around*! I hope I'm not
the only one left in existence with a Kodak ESP Printer ...

After power cycling the printer, Simple Scan repeats the same sequence -
it initializes and starts a scan and then terminates with a
"communications failure" message. The failure freezes my mouse for about
10 seconds after the failure message if that's any help

Thanks again

Don

**Posteda comment
<https://sourceforge.net/p/cupsdriverkodak/discussion/1107085/thread/07834beb/?limit=25#a571>ondiscussion
Help - Printing
<https://sourceforge.net/p/cupsdriverkodak/discussion/1107085/>onCUPS
driver / SANE backend for kodak Aio
<https://sourceforge.net/p/cupsdriverkodak/>*

I cannot really support this project anymore. I no longer have any Kodak
printers running, so it's difficult to do any tests to try and reproduce
anyone's problems. These drivers have been part of cups, for printing,
and sane, for scanning, for many years now. It might be possible to get
some support from the cups or sane projects, particularly if the problem
is likely to be something to do with the filter chain rather than the
driver.