[sane-devel] Regression tests

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 00:58:17 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-01-28 1:13 a.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

>> the state of support at that time. On the other hand, as you say, it is
>> harder to then use it as a vehicle for tracking progress on subsequent work.
>> I wonder then if Issues are the correct medium for this type of report. I
>> will have a poke around GitLab to see if there is anything better available.
> I thought about this too and didn't it in my reply but perhaps that
> using a "mini"-milestone (aka inch-pebble ;-) works.
>
> So far, all the milestones for the sane-backends were tied to releases
> but we could use milestones to organize multi-issue, focussed efforts to
> get something done.  The milestone page will show how many issues and
> merge requests are tied to it (and how many are open, closed and, in the
> case of MRs, merged) as well as a percentage progress bar.

Perhaps I will consider that for the next regression test to see how
well it works.
Rather then being a specific issue, it would take more of the flavour of
a wishlist.
A few of the things in the regression test report I submitted before
were for proposed enhancements, such as button support.

Cheers,
Ralph