[sane-devel] [janitorial] Rescheduling 1.0.29

Povilas Kanapickas povilas at radix.lt
Sat Jan 4 19:36:24 GMT 2020

On 1/4/20 4:31 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> Just a question: why do we use 1.0.29, should we not switch to semantic
> versioning, i.e. 1.1.0 so we can cut bugfix releases if we ever want
> them?
>
> Sorry if this has been discussed before....

I agree with Louis.

I would even suggest to use date-based versioning such as 20.1.0 where
20 is the year, 1 is the month and 0 is the patch version. Major and
minor releases don't mean much in the case of sane-backends as it's just
a collection of many separate scanner libraries, so we might as well use
the numbers to signify the release date.

Regards,
Povilas