[sane-devel] [New backend] Web Services for Devices - wsd-scan

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:18:00 GMT 2020

On 06/01/2020 10:55, Alexander Pevzner wrote:
> lubcups also looks as a considerable alternative, and it contains a generic HTTP
> client. Though it will look a bit strange if scanner plugin will depend on a
> CUPS API library :-)

libcups is usually present, especially as nowadays most scanners (and especially
most Linux-friendly ones) have this test page generation unit under the scanning
mechanics :)

In my opinion libcups should get moved into a project separate from cupsd, as it
is the standard implementation for IPP in free software, and with the PWG
(Printer Working Group, http://www.pwg.org/) IPP Scan and IPP System Service
libcups will not stay a print-only thingy but will also serve for scanning and
other things.

    Till