[sane-devel] [New backend] Web Services for Devices - wsd-scan

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Mon Jan 6 16:56:26 GMT 2020

On 1/6/20 5:18 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:

> In my opinion libcups should get moved into a project separate from
> cupsd, as it is the standard implementation for IPP in free software,
> and with the PWG (Printer Working Group, http://www.pwg.org/) IPP Scan
> and IPP System Service libcups will not stay a print-only thingy but
> will also serve for scanning and other things.

Three questions:
1. Is it correct, that libcups doesn't need an explicit initialization,
or, at least, its initialization code is internally protected, so it
doesn't have a requirement to be initialized from the main thread of the
main executable?
2. Is it correct, that libcups as HTTP client can be used on
non-blocking manner with poll/select based event loop?
3. Is it correct, that libcups HTTP API allows asynchronous reading of
the HTTP reply body?

I'm not very familiar with libcups, but my impression that all answers
are "yes". Am I correct?

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)