[sane-devel] [New backend] Web Services for Devices - wsd-scan

Klaus Kämpf kkaempf at suse.de
Tue Jan 7 12:42:36 GMT 2020

* Alexander Pevzner <pzz at apevzner.com> [Jan 06. 2020 14:55]:
> Hi, Klaus,
>
> On 1/6/20 10:06 AM, Klaus Kämpf wrote:
>
> > based on previous discussions[1] and out of personal need[2], I
> > started to develop a new backend, implementing the Web Services for
> > Devices standard[3].
>
> Thank you very much!

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback !

> I want to say one thing. Using libcurl in a project like this is very
> dangerous. libcurl in general is thrad-safe, but its global initialization
> is not.

Argh. Well, the good side of this is that the actual CURL interface is
rather contained in [1] and should be fairly easy to replace.

For the time being, let me focus on getting the driver to a (more
broadly) usable state. Hopefully, we can find agreement on sane-devel
on which http-backend to use for other network-based scanner drivers.

Klaus

[1] https://gitlab.com/kkaempf/openwsd/blob/master/src/wsd-curl-client-transport.c
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH; GF: Felix Imendörffer; (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)